Saturday, 17 April 2010

A bit distracted...

Well I thought I would take a few minutes to check out everyone elses blogs to see how they were going with their bags this weekend, and I came across this recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie made with condensed milk on Annie from Sew Nutty's blog so of course I just had to make it now didn't I LOL!


So then I finally get back to my Dandy bag, I have my fabrics cut, the tops and bands attached, and I am just about ready to quilt it!  Of course more distractions, I decided it would be easier to quilt it on Galloping Gertie so I had to take off the quilt I already had on there so I could pin it on!  I am finally ready but it will have to wait until the morning now.  Once I had laid my main fabric out to cut I realised it was kinda directional, but since I didn't want to change fabrics AGAIN I just cut 2 pieces, turned 1 upside down, and sewed them back together again :)


 
Oh and my fabrics!

15 comments:

  1. It seems to be a bright flowerful summerbag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your lovely cake.MMMMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at the yummy snack! Mom and I love you fabric for your dandy bag, it is going to be TOO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One piece of that Lemon pie has my name on it--I will be right over!!!! I am sure I can even smell it from here!!!
    Love the fabrics--will be back later to see how it is coming--
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you know, if you're going to get distracted, Lemon pie is a fantastic reason ;)

    I can't wait to see your tote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your fabric choices. Can't wait to see your bag. BTW send me some of that Lemon Meringue Pie! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...some distraction...looks YUMMY! Love your fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. Love the colors. What a great summer bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there any pie left? Hope you find the time to finish up what looks like a bright and cheery bag. On to the next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pie looks yummy! Love your fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happpy you made my grandmothers pie and it looks delicious, she had 11 children andknew a thing or two bout shortcuts. Also thank you for your condolances on my paternal grandmothers passing, she was my last living grandparent which at 47 I know i am very lucky to have had her for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Send some of that cake my way. it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum - lemon meringue pie is one of my favorites!
    Your fabric choices are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM.. that goes for the sweet treat and the fabric!

    ReplyDelete