Wednesday, 28 April 2010

A few finishes!

Well it's been a while since my last post, but I have been doing "stuff". It has turned cold here, Autumn is definitely here and Winter is on the way! And it has been wet outside, not that I am complaining, we still need all the rain we can get! However it has meant it has been too wet to go outside and take photos, but I finally found a big piece of satin to use as a backdrop, so here we go!

Firstly is this little clutch. I used the Scrappy Clutch tutorial from In An Igloo with a few modifications. I used left over layer cake squares, I only need 4 for the entire bag, 2 for the outside and 2 for the lining. This meant I made my pieces a little smaller where needed. I also sewed it together a little differently, I sewed the gathered skirt to the top bit first, and then did the side and bottom seams.



Then I moved on to these little flowers, which are from another tutorial (I can't find it at the moment, but there are heaps out there!).  The big blue on I stitched onto a hair-clip for the Girly Girl, the little orange one I glued to a magnet.  Next time I would use more layers and have the sizes of each layer graduating a bit better.


Then I also made a little pyramid purse from a tutorial by Living Creatively, this used the last of the scraps from my Sweetwater Bagalicious Club bag.  Again more zip practice, I have never liked sewing in zips but love bags with zips, so bought a ton of zips and figure once I have used them all I will be able to sew in zips with my eyes closed!

And I even got to use some of my (huge!) ribbon stash for the handle - gotta love that!!

2 comments:

  1. I have nothing to say about your sewing. I will say, however, that the kid in your profile is about the cutest thing I've seen in 10 years!
    I just look at him and laugh. He must be one fun little squirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finishes! I have been trying to make those flowers and only end up with scraps of burnt fabric! I really need some tutorials lol.

    ReplyDelete