Monday, 5 April 2010

A new quilt

There is something quite special about completing the first block of a new quilt. It's a chance to see how the fabrics and colors will work together, and to check that everything has been cut to the right size before going ahead and cutting the rest, but it is also like a promise of things to come.

I have decided I need to use up some of my jelly roll stash, so I am making the Sweet Menagerie quilt from Moda Bakeshop designed by by Roslyn Mirrington of Bloom for my daughters bed.

The jelly roll I am using is a Tula Pink one, but from an older range, Full Moon Forest.  I have the first block made and it is looking very pretty!!

1 comment:

  1. Great start on the blog! Thank you for all of the favorite tutorials. When I have some time I will look at more of them.

    ReplyDelete