Wednesday, 22 September 2010

So it's been a while...

Wow I can't believe it has been so long since I blogged, and therefore so long since I have done anything creative also!  But I have learnt alot over the last couple of months, which I think I would like to share...

Firstly don't take your health for granted!  Value each and every day, make it count, do something special for someone, and do something special for yourself also!  I have had a bit of a health scare, and if nothing else it has taught me to really appreciate the simple things that are so important in our lives, and the importance of regular checkups with your doctor!

And use your stash, all those fabrics that are too good to cut up, those that you are saving for something special, well now is the time to use them!  I have been blessed with the gift of my bestest quilting buddies stash, but I wish a thousand times over that she could enjoy her stash herself! 

OK my next post will be happier, I promise!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on what you have posted. It is so sad that we don't appreciate good health until we don't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I hope that the "scare" you had was just that and is not anything serious. You are so right...our health is the most important thing because without it we can't do anything. So take good care of yourself.

    I'm so sorry that your friend is not able to enjoy her hobby anymore...I know you will think of her as you use the gift she has given you!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back and hopefully in good health. Your words are so true, why save things for "special times" what is more special than today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to come over and say hello. I get my jars from the cafeteria kitchen that I work in. I think that you can find some at the schools maybe. So hope you can find some. I wish I could send you some......I am sure it would cost alot?

    Hugs, Linda
    Thank you for leaving the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh do have a happy Tuesday ahead!
    Thank you for entering my giveaway, I threw your notes in the big bowl, fingers crossed for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh...this post caused a little tug at my heart -- the part about your friend. I think that all the time -- my stash is growing faster than I can make it and it's awful. But the fabric manufacturers are making such pretty fabrics! Love your advice -- they're both so true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popping by to see how you are since it's been a few weeks since your last post. Hope you're doing ok

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great reminder. Life is short and we should absolutely make the most of every single day. I hope your health is back on track now.

    ReplyDelete